Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Magic Beans? I Mean Peppers...

I remember being a child and feeling wonder at the small bulb of a burgeoning tomato that, mere days before, was but a flower.   Well, my cayenne peppers are giving all tomatoes ever a run for their money.  Yesterday, I took a picture of the largest of the cayenne peppers.  Voila:
Aww look at the flower aka future pepper in the background.
As you can see from the scale of my fingers since I have no rulers, the pepper is approximately 1.5 fingers wide.  That was yesterday morning.  This afternoon, 28 hours later...
What? I don't even...
Uhhh... it is now approximately 2-2.5 fingers long and beefier in every way.  Go, pepper, go!  There are now 4 peppers on the plant in addition to this one that are the size this pepper was yesterday, so this baby is producin'.  I'm sure that I'm not mixing up peppers because this one is at the very top of the plant and the next pepper down is quite a ways down. 

Between the tomatoes I'm growing, cilantro, and cayenne peppers, I'm going to have the summer of the salsa, it seems.

Stay spicy,

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment