Friday, June 15, 2012

I can grow other things too, you know.

It smells to heaven of roses!
So, my gardening (in)expertise is not limited to vegetables and herbs.  I am also attempting to grow roses.  I don't know how much of their growth is related to my awesomely green thumb and how much is due to a generous helping of Miracle Grow the day I put this little lady in the ground.  Regardless, I will be taking credit for their growth from here on out.

Unlike my vegetable garden which has awesome soil, all plants in the front yard are settling into ground that is rich in clay and rocks.  Mmm.. rocks. Nothing a plant likes more.  So we'll see how successful my rock garden grows.  Next year we'll probably scrape off the very thin layer of topsoil and mulch, edge the whole thing with stones, and dump bags of good soil in.  There's a reason the previous owners didn't grow any flowers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment