Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Exceeding Expectations

Look familiar? This is my garden immediately after mulching.  The tomato plants were huge! The pumpkins were finding their soil nice, and I planned to put some herbs in front of the zucchini on the left.  Well, I don't think I can do that anymore...


BLAM!
 Yeahhhh. So, the pumpkins are enormous and growing bigger every day (they're the vines sprawling out of the raised bed, if you were wondering).  I never planted anything in front of the zucchini.  They were rather weak looking until one day they just took off.  Neither the zucchini nor the pumpkin have produces anything but flowers yet, but the season is still early. 

There's been an additional bonus to having the giant pumpkins- the cucumbers that the pumpkins are obstructing seem to like a little mid-afternoon shade.  Good thing, because if I had to choose between cucumbers and pumpkins, the pumpkins would win out by a landslide.

Stay sunny!

Christine



No comments:

Post a Comment