Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Craigslist Gardening

I was looking for nearby yard sales on craigslist when I happened upon a gardener's dream come true: herbs! fruit! veggies! $1 per plant already sprouted with soil in a little Styrofoam cup! I just had to stop by and I ended up picking up 5 plants.  They are all grown at home by this guy: http://www.therustedgarden.blogspot.com/  Apparently he does the sprout sale once a year.  Not too shabby at all.  I ended up picking out these bad boys:
Cucumbers

Bell pepper- California Wonder variety

Cayenne pepper for my spice-loving fiance

Green zucchini! Two plants that should really spread out.

Aconcagua! Which is.. apparently a type of sweet pepper that's long and narrow

All and all, I'm terribly excited.  I might need to briefly re-pot them before I plant them since we're moving in a few weeks and it will take some time to build and secure the raised bed garden of my dreams.  That is, if a raised bed is even possible.  I might have to plant the garden on the sloping side of the house due to the sun- the house faces exactly South-East and I doubt my future husband wants tomatoes on the front lawn.

Total money spent gardening today: $5.00

Grow grow grow,

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment