Wednesday, June 5, 2013

June Garden Update

Good evening blogspot,

I have been off enjoying life (i.e. working a new job, decorating the house, walking the dogs, and exploring the local area with my husband) so much that I have neglected my poor blog, despite all of the gardening I've been doing.  Here's a photo update to be followed with at least a few more regular posts.

I've had a few successful beginnings this growing season.  First off, my yellow bell peppers have begun to flower.

If you look carefully inside of the flower you can see the beginnings of  a greenish bell pepper.

I've been plucking first flowers from my tomatoes and peppers just like previous years.  As a result, all three tomatoes are approaching 35 inches tall with strong, thick stems.

Heirloom tomatoes have bizarre flowers.
The hairy buds of some standard better boy tomatoes.
Last but not least (for now), my stringless green beans are shooting off loads of bean pods.  This is the biggest bean pod so far.  I've counted 12 total bean pods and 8 flowers that will shortly become bean pods.
I predict having way too many stringless string beans this summer.


Stay sunny,

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment