Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Garden 2013!

Back row: hybrid beefsteak tomato, heirloom tomato, hybrid beefsteak tomato
Second to back: sweet yellow bell pepper, sweet yellow bell pepper, cayenne pepper
Second to front: basil, basil, basil, basil, strawberry, rosemary
Front row: garden bean, garden bean, garden bean, garden bean, parsley


I am so excited at the addition of strawberries to the garden. My only regret in the layout of the garden is that I'm not sure if "garden bean" means pole or bush variety.  They could easily grow as tall as the tomato plants can... which would mean I'd have to tear them out.  If they're bush variety, they'll be fine. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Since I was a slacker in May when I should have been transplanting my plants, the only plants that I grew from sees are the garden beans and the parsley.  I have tomatoes, cayenne peppers, and basil in transplant pots in the house still, so maybe I'll be able to shove them in the garden if I kill any of the plants in the coming months.

Stay sunny,

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment